Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by ywei <86...@cyberdude.com> on 2000/01/25 05:37:40 UTC

mysql, mod_some

could someone tell me how to get mysql support in an Apache module
it seems i dont know how to properly change Makefile,
it does compile but i'm getting '[i] The page cannot be displayed' at
mysql_connect() call.

(Thank you)++ for any hint..

Re: help please

Posted by Manoj Kasichainula <ma...@io.com>.
On the plane; have time to read e-mail. Yay!

On Tue, Jan 25, 2000 at 06:40:04PM -0600, Igor Kovalenko wrote:
> I'm writing a patch to execute CGIs using POSIX (draft) spawn() syscall
> instead of fork+exec. That is very similar to CGI's handling on Win32
> and OS/2 and should provide better performance where available.

Funky. I would imagine this wouldn't help performance that much,
though, since the overhead of starting the whole new process would
dwarf any system call overhead savings. But I have no data to back
that up.

> My problem is, I keep getting "document contains do data" from Netscape
> browser when I try to execute a script. Nothing is in error_log or in
> access_log. The script is indeed being executed and I've verified that
> data are coming from the server side of pipe.

Attach a debugger to the processes to see what calls they are hanging
or dying in.

> Can someone imagine what could be messed up to produce such effect?
> What that message means technically?

I believe that Netscape is seeing the connection close before
receiving any headers, which would be consistent with the CGI's pipes
not being set up correctly.

help please

Posted by Igor Kovalenko <ko...@comm.mot.com>.
I'm writing a patch to execute CGIs using POSIX (draft) spawn() syscall
instead of fork+exec. That is very similar to CGI's handling on Win32
and OS/2 and should provide better performance where available.

My problem is, I keep getting "document contains do data" from Netscape
browser when I try to execute a script. Nothing is in error_log or in
access_log. The script is indeed being executed and I've verified that
data are coming from the server side of pipe. Can someone imagine what
could be messed up to produce such effect? What that message means
technically?

Thanks,
- igor