Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Peter Chapin <pc...@ecet.vtc.edu> on 2002/03/21 21:02:12 UTC

Problem with Xerces-J-bin.2.0.1.zip?

Hello! I'm new to the list so forgive me if this has been asked before. I
attempted to search the archives, but I had trouble finding them.
Anyway...

I recently downloaded Xerces-J-bin.2.0.1.zip (as in a couple of days ago)
and unpacked it on my Windows laptop. The top level document file in
docs/index.html does not display correctly using IEv6. In particular I get
JavaScript errors. I'm told "Object Expected" on line 1, character 1.
The consequence of this is that the menu doesn't work making using the
index page difficult. Netscape 6 also encounters the problem and won't
render the menu correctly either. However, I note that the on-line
documentation appears to work.

I also tried downloading the .tar.gz archive just to see if I'd get the
same effect and I do. I'm assuming there is some issue with having the
documentation locally installed that is causing the problem. However, I
didn't have this problem with a previous versions of the Xerces-J nor do I
have this problem with the current (1.7.0) version of Xerces-C.

Is there something wrong with that index file or am I loosing my mind? Is
there a fix?

Peter