Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Colin Chalmers <co...@maxware.nl> on 2001/10/22 16:00:51 UTC

2.2 out of the box not building for me :-(

After seeing so many bugfixes come along for 2.2 I thought it was about time
to try and upgrade things from 2.1

After getting past the initial error messages of missing jars I ended up
with errors in the following files

1. PythonActionFactory
2. PythonLayoutFactory
3. PythonNavigationFactory
4. PythonScreenFactory

The error message was to do with the assembler package being unavailable
(line 65), after changing this line to the following they could compile

<PythonSnip>
import org.apache.turbine.services.assemblerbroker.AssemblerBrokerService;
import org.apache.turbine.services.assemblerbroker.util.*;
</PythonSnip>

After this I got another error in Freemarker.NavigationModel line 109

Turbine.getModuleLoader Not found :-(

Don't know the answer to this one.

I know that certainly Freemarker is being phased out in ver 3 but 2.2 is a
bug fix and should perhaps be fixed ?? Is this enough or should I send a
diff?

/Colin

Re: 2.2 out of the box not building for me :-(

Posted by Colin Chalmers <co...@xs4all.nl>.
Hhmmm strange.

I'm sure I downloaded the 2 src and if I look at the Head src through the
web interface I see the same code that I mentioned below.For example in that
code there is refrence to

import org.apache.turbine.util.assemblerbroker.*;

which I can't find in the Head. I don't use Python so I can work round this
but if it's broken we should fix it.

/Colin

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com>.