Posted to p-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Richardson, Steven" <sr...@sonusnet.com> on 2005/10/31 16:19:55 UTC

fgDOMWRTFormatPrettyPrint: not all that pretty

Hi:

I'm trying to write a DOM tree to a file using the DOMWriter object and I'm not having total success with the fgDOMWRTFormatPrettyPrint feature.

I get a strange mix of leading spaces and/or tabs on some lines that throw off the "pretty" alignment.

Here's basically what I'm doing:

sub writeDocument
{
    my($doc, $file) = @_;

    my $impl = XML::Xerces::DOMImplementationRegistry::getDOMImplementation('LS');

    my $writer = $impl->createDOMWriter();

    if($writer->canSetFeature("$XML::Xerces::XMLUni::fgDOMWRTFormatPrettyPrint", 1))
    {
        $writer->setFeature("$XML::Xerces::XMLUni::fgDOMWRTFormatPrettyPrint", 1);
    }

    if($writer->canSetFeature("$XML::Xerces::XMLUni::fgDOMWRTWhitespaceInElementContent", 1))
    {
        $writer->setFeature("$XML::Xerces::XMLUni::fgDOMWRTWhitespaceInElementContent", 1);
    }

    my $target = XML::Xerces::LocalFileFormatTarget->new($file);

    $writer->writeNode($target, $doc);

    return;
}

Steven Richardson          Sonus Networks
www.sonusnet.com          The Voice of the New Public Network
732-625-3003  x233