Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by John Cartwright <jo...@comcast.net> on 2005/06/01 03:58:10 UTC

Torque confusion

Hello All,

I'm trying to get Jetspeed 1.6 fusion (binary version) up and running
using mysql. I created and populated the database using the scripts in
jetspeed-database and modified the jetspeed.xml context deployment fragment.

Jetspeed *seems* to be working fine.  However, if I modify the
WEB-INF/conf/Torque.properties  file to use mysql instead of the hsql
default,  I get the

org.apache.jetspeed.om.profile.ProfileException: java.lang.NullPointerException

Strangely though when Torque.properties is set to use hypersonic (and
jetspeed is working), I see no evidence that the hypersonic server is
running.

Can someone explain to me what's going on?

Thanks!

-- john