Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Thomas Cameron <th...@camerontech.com> on 2004/12/05 16:33:01 UTC

SOLVED Re: Can someone better explain ALL_TRUSTED to me?

OK, after more R'ing TFM and some kind advice from a list member, I
think I understand now what has been happening.

>>From the Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf man page:

*   if the ’from’ IP address is on the same /16 network as the top
Received line’s ’by’ host, it’s trusted

*   if the address of the ’from’ host is in a reserved network range,
then it’s trusted

*   if any addresses of the ’by’ host is in a reserved network
range, then it’s trusted

So the solution is to add these two lines to local.cf:

clear_trusted_networks
trusted_networks        127/8 24.173.79.19/32

IIUC this sets any traffic which originates from my server as trusted,
but all other traffic is not.

Thanks,
Thomas