Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com> on 2008/12/01 18:45:36 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Axis2 as TLP

Sanjiva:

Just wanted to reply to this now that I'm catching up after the holiday
weekend.

Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:
> Deepal, this vote was called when there *clearly* was no consensus in
> the axis2 community on what constituted the right TLP. I don't know
> who's schedule we were running to but that's not right. Furthermore, a
> lot of conversation on that thread was not done in a proper, civil manner.

I called the vote because I wanted to get a better gauge of the
community's leanings.  I didn't necessarily expect it to resolve
cleanly, but if there had been a clear groundswell in one direction or
the other that would have been useful and perhaps decisive.  Also it
often takes something like a VOTE to motivate members of this community
to participate, so was trying to pull people out into the discussion
too.  I'm sorry you felt it was premature.

As for the civility or appropriateness of the discussion, I think we all
need to take a few steps back and try to refocus on acting as a
community of adults who care for and respect each other, not as a group
of individuals who fling personal or manipulative emails about.

+1 to carrying on further discussion about how to reach consensus with
the TLP proposal, and also about the continued health of all the
projects under our purview.

Thanks,
--Glen