Posted to dev@groovy.apache.org by Paul King <pa...@apache.org> on 2017/03/29 04:06:03 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.5.0-alpha-1

Dear community,

I am happy to start the VOTE thread for a Groovy 2.5.0-alpha-1 release!

This release includes 165 bug fixes/improvements as outlined in the changelog:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12318123&version=12338913

Tag: https://git1-us-west.apache.org/repos/asf?p=groovy.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/GROOVY_2_5_0_ALPHA_1
Tag commit id: d56fc79bd942a79e51f22f03c986ac0e7f3a9c70

The artifacts to be voted on are located as follows (r18945).
Source release:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/groovy/2.5.0-alpha-1/sources
Convenience binaries:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/groovy/2.5.0-alpha-1/distribution

Release artifacts are signed with a key from the following file:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/groovy/KEYS

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Groovy 2.5.0-alpha-1.

The vote is open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of at
least three +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release Apache Groovy 2.5.0-alpha-1
[ ]  0 I don't have a strong opinion about this, but I assume it's ok
[ ] -1 Do not release Apache Groovy 2.5.0-alpha-1 because...

Here is my vote:

+1 (binding)

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.5.0-alpha-1

Posted by Sergei Egorov <bs...@gmail.com>.
+1

Would be nice to test macro stuff :)

Posted by Russel Winder <ru...@winder.org.uk>.

Posted by Andres Almiray <aa...@gmail.com>.
The shadow gradle plugin can take care of merging resource files.

Sent from my primitive Tricorder

Posted by Sergei Egorov <bs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Laforge <gl...@gmail.com>.
Okie dokie.