Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com> on 2012/10/16 13:04:20 UTC

#235: Always show the ticket scrollspy menu (Was: Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #174: Scroll spy in ticket view)

I have raised the issue in
https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/235 as I have implemented
all the patches from #174 unchanged.

Incidentally, the clipping of the ticket title is also a potentially a
bit jerky. For a bit of attention to detail, would it be nice to find a
way to transition nicely between the states?

Cheers,
     Gary

Re: #235: Always show the ticket scrollspy menu (Was: Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #174: Scroll spy in ticket view)

Posted by Jure Žitnik <ju...@digiverse.si>.
On 10/16/12 1:48 PM, Joachim Dreimann wrote:
> I agree with both your proposed changes. Not sure how to fix the jerky
> clipping issue though.
> We could use a CSS transform of sorts or some more involved, inelegant
> handwaving:
> http://i.imgur.com/5qMRP.png

In my opinion the ticket view should initially include the sticky panel
(including the scroll spy w/ section links) in form and size as it's
gonna be when the user scrolls down. Changing the height of the panel
when the scroll hits certain point (currently it gets increased by
including the section links) causes the browser to 'push' the ticket
content down, which is, in my opinion, a bit confusing, it'd be nice to
see a smooth transition there...
Cheers,
Jure

Re: #235: Always show the ticket scrollspy menu (Was: Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #174: Scroll spy in ticket view)

Posted by Joachim Dreimann <jo...@wandisco.com>.
I agree with both your proposed changes. Not sure how to fix the jerky
clipping issue though.
We could use a CSS transform of sorts or some more involved, inelegant
handwaving:
http://i.imgur.com/5qMRP.png

- Joe