Posted to pluto-dev@portals.apache.org by Martin Scott Nicklous <Sc...@de.ibm.com> on 2014/12/12 08:09:50 UTC

Latest version of PortletHub pushed to Apache repo ...

Hi,

I pushed the latest version of the PortletHub prototype to the Apache
repository. Functional additions are:

* Session history handling - demonstrates showing current render URL in the
browser address bar and also back button support. May not work with older
browsers. I've tested it with FF 32 & Chrome 39. For browsers on which it
SHOULD work, see:

http://caniuse.com/history

* Support for forms with encoding type =
'application/x-www-form-urlencoded' (which is also the default), so this
encoding is supported along with 'multipart/form-data'.

Note that support for enctype = 'multipart/form-data' depends on the
browser supporting the FormData interface. See browser support here:

http://caniuse.com/#feat=xhr2

* Support for the form submission methods 'GET' and 'POST'

There are three imho minor and hopefully acceptable restrictions:

1) With enctype =  'application/x-www-form-urlencoded' (or unspecified,
since this is the default), form INPUT elements of type = 'FILE' are NOT
supported, but both submission methods are supported.

2) With enctype =  'multipart/form-data', form INPUT elements of type =
'FILE' ARE supported, but the submission method must be 'POST'.

3) The encoding type 'text/plain' is NOT supported, but I don't anticipate
that to be a major restriction, since I don't think it's used often.

The Portlet Hub now tests for adherence to these restrictions, so that if
you submit a form that does not adhere to the restrictions, an exception
will be thrown.

I updated the jsdoc documentation for the Portlet Hub accordingly. The
updated documentation can be found here:

http://msnicklous.github.io/portletspec3/jsdoc/PortletInit.html#action

To test, I completely rebuilt my Pluto portal and redeployed it on Tomcat
as per the instructions in a previous post, available here:

https://java.net/projects/portletspec3/lists/jsr362-experts/archive/2014-12/message/5

It worked, so I hope that you all will be able to successfully build &
deploy the prototype.

With that, I'll be out over the holidays, returning on 7 Jan 2015. I'll
monitor the mailing list and respond over this coming weekend in case any
questions / problems occur, but after that, I will be travelling and will
likely be less responsive.

Happy Holidays and a successful start in the New Year!!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen, / Kind regards,
Scott Nicklous

WebSphere Portal Standardization Lead & Technology Consultant
Specification Lead, JSR 362 Portlet Specification 3.0
IBM Software Group, Application Integration Middleware
IBM Deutschland Research & Development GmbH / Vorsitzender des
Aufsichtsrats: Martina Koederitz / Geschäftsführung: Dirk Wittkopp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart,
HRB 243294