Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Greg Ledford <gl...@phhwtechnology.com> on 2014/04/24 17:41:32 UTC

Feature question

I'm hope I'm asking this in the right place. I'm wanting to replace a useless Sonicwall ES300 device so I'd like to know if SpamAssassin has the ability to store spam and send a daily email style report to users. That's the one major feature my people would miss. Thanks for any help.

RE: Feature question

Posted by Greg Ledford <gl...@phhwtechnology.com>.
I'll check this out. I really appreciate it. I'm so tired of spending a fortune on something that isn't functional or configurable.

Greg Ledford
PHHW Technology Services LLC
1000 Corporate Centre Dr, Ste 200
Franklin, TN 37067
Office (615) 778-1777
Fax (615) 771-0081
gledford@phhwtechnology.com

Greg Ledford skrev den 2014-04-24 17:41:
> I'm hope I'm asking this in the right place. I'm wanting to replace a
> useless Sonicwall ES300 device so I'd like to know if SpamAssassin has
> the ability to store spam and send a daily email style report to
> users. That's the one major feature my people would miss. Thanks for
> any help.

sure, google amavisd-new mailzu, just the loging part, not sql
quarantine, then google quartine report, with a link to mailzu

http://www.maiamailguard.com/maia/wiki/process-quarantine.pl

Re: Feature question

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.eu>.

Re: Feature question

Posted by Axb <ax...@gmail.com>.
On 04/24/2014 05:41 PM, Greg Ledford wrote:
> I'm hope I'm asking this in the right place. I'm wanting to replace a
> useless Sonicwall ES300 device so I'd like to know if SpamAssassin
> has the ability to store spam and send a daily email style report to
> users. That's the one major feature my people would miss. Thanks for
> any help.

If you want well supported and efficient packages which use SA I can
recommend

Can-IT by http://www.roaringpenguin.com/ Can-IT

BarricadeMX by http://fsl.com/

Re: Feature question

Posted by Blason R <bl...@gmail.com>.
Try out mailcleaner!!! Its nice and provides all the feature

RE: Feature question

Re: Feature question

Posted by Blason R <bl...@gmail.com>.

Re: Feature question

Posted by Anthony Cartmell <li...@fonant.com>.
> I'm hope I'm asking this in the right place. I'm wanting to replace a
> useless Sonicwall ES300 device so I'd like to know if SpamAssassin has
> the ability to store spam and send a daily email style report to users.
> That's the one major feature my people would miss. Thanks for any help.

SpamAssassin doesn't, it merely classifies messages.

But you can do what you want with various different glue packages. I use
MailScanner with MailWatch to send a daily spam quarantine report to
users, so they can see a list of all the messages (in increasing spam
score) that have been quarantined at the server.

Anthony
--
www.fonant.com - Quality web sites
Tel. 01903 867 810