Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by "matt.graves" <ma...@bridgewatersystems.com> on 2008/08/25 22:50:37 UTC

Derby CLA location

The NOTICE file for Derby mentions that parts of the code are licensed by IBM
under the “Software Grant and Corporate Contribution License Agreement” or
“Derby CLA.”  I have been trying to get a copy of this file.  I have seen
some references to a PDF (mentioned at the incubator page:
http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/derby-2248-contribution-tests-ibm.html)
but have been unable to locate it.  Can anyone point me in the right
direction?

Re: Derby CLA location

Posted by Daniel John Debrunner <dj...@apache.org>.
matt.graves wrote:

> Daniel John Debrunner-2 wrote:
>> That's IBM's license *to* the ASF.
>> If you download Derby from the ASF it's all under the ALv2.
>> Dan.
>>

> Does that mean the original CLA from IBM doesn't exist anywhere?

I'm sure it is within the records of the ASF. My guess is that it was
based upon or identical to the standard software-grant:

http://www.apache.org/licenses/software-grant.txt

 > I would like to read it.

I was just trying to point out that that license does not affect how the
licence (ALv2) under which folks download Derby, thus typically it isn't
of interest.

Dan.

Re: Derby CLA location

Posted by "matt.graves" <ma...@bridgewatersystems.com>.

Daniel John Debrunner-2 wrote:

> That's IBM's license *to* the ASF.
> If you download Derby from the ASF it's all under the ALv2.
> Dan.

Does that mean the original CLA from IBM doesn't exist anywhere?  I would
like to read it.

Re: Derby CLA location

Posted by Daniel John Debrunner <dj...@apache.org>.