Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Robert Sanford <rs...@trefs.com> on 2004/11/01 21:40:46 UTC

Win32 Exception 1.3 Beta

I ONLY care about the C++ CLIENT software running on Win32.

I have downloaded and compiled the source for the 1.3 beta client software
using the Distribution.dsw workspace for VisualC++. I am compiling on Visual
Studio 6 SP 5. I am running on XP SP2. The behavior below is also duplicated
on Win2K as well so it isn't the XP SP2 network blocking issue.

I am connecting to a Java version 1.1 server.

When I connect with a Java 1.1 client to the server and receive a response
of > 1K I get the full set of data.

When I connect with the 1.3Beta C++ client software and receive a response
of < 1K I get the full data set.

When I connect with the 1.3Beta C++ client software and receive a response
of > 1K I get a transport exception.

Tracing into the code I *do* receive the SOAP Body element and I *do*
receive my SOAP response element. But when I attempt to actually retrieve
the contents of my response element and the response is > 1K I get a
transport level exception thrown. I don't fully understand the code but it
appears that the code has received a partial document which is sufficient to
fill in the body and response element but it has not received the full
document. Once it attempts to receive the full document the transport level
exception is thrown. I am guessing on that so those that actually know the
code should stick to their knowledge.

My (admittedly simplistic) code is attached.

Is there a configuration option that I need to set?

Is this an issue because of the blocking read in
  HttpTransport::operator >>

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

rjsjr