Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Taide, Priya" <Pr...@bmc.com> on 2010/08/23 14:27:38 UTC

FW: FW: Help for jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org

 Hi,
 Can you please help me by answering whether JMeter supports RESTful API's and if yes how.

 Do we need to install some separate pulgins or patches for the same and how helpful is it in testing these RESTful APIs'.

 Kindly reply on priority as it is really urgent.

 Thanks,
 Priya

Re: FW: FW: Help for jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
FYI the HTTP Sampler supports PUT
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#HTTP_Request

Posted by Simon Sadedin <ss...@badboy.com.au>.

Posted by Tushar Joshi <tu...@gmail.com>.
Priya,

AFAIK RESTful API follows calling web server with GET and POST messages.
JMeter fully supports GET and POST methods and hence I see no problem in
using JMeter for RESTful services

No separate plugins will be needed.

with regards
Tushar