Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/24 07:18:53 UTC

new Infrastructure Administrator (was: [DISCUSS] Apache NetBeans ...)

On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 10:27 PM, Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> wrote:

> Greg,
> many people on this list are probably unaware that your role changed a
> couple of days ago...

Oh. Heh. Fair point!

Niclas is referring to this:

> On Sat, Sep 24, 2016 at 10:59 AM, Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > how the community will handle plugins. As Infra, I can help Daniel Gruno
> > with the costing and getting that +1 from on high.

"As Infra" ... On Wednesday, I gave up my various executive roles at the
Apache Software Foundation, and was hired as our first "Infrastructure
Administrator". My role is to work with our Infra staff in various
manager-y ways, but more importantly for *this* list is to provide an Infra
point of contact for the community.(*)

To the original thread, I've been assisting and discussing NetBeans with
Daniel. He remains the point contact for that.

Thanks!
-g

(*) please use our normal channels, but I will become an escalation point
for when things get blocked up. I am both your friend, and my team's
friend. So I may say "no", but will do what I can to say "yes".