Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl> on 2006/04/09 11:49:18 UTC

How to develop a new scope

Hi,

I wonder if there's a way to develop (provide) a new scope beside the
already available ones: compile, test, runtime, provided and system.
Is there any?

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.laskowski.org.pl

Re: How to develop a new scope

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
On 4/10/06, Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl> wrote:
> Well, Brett has just encouraged to stop thinking about it and I could
> hardly remember what the use case was ;)

You asked a simple question, so I gave a concise answer :)

> As Brett pointed out, such discussion was already taken place and the
> last resort seems to be looking up the thread in the archive.

That should be your >first< resort :)

Well, second after consulting the docs, and when you find it there -
hassle someone to include it in the docs.

- Brett

Re: How to develop a new scope

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On 4/10/06, Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just wondering, what other scope(s) do you need, and what's the use
> case? Although Brett has made it clear that its generally not
> possible... ;-)

Well, Brett has just encouraged to stop thinking about it and I could
hardly remember what the use case was ;)

...after a while of though thinking...

The use case was that I had expected that it's not possible to assign
a property to a dependency and it seemed to be the only way to work it
out. I need only a few dependencies in a generated file as well as I
don't want to duplicate any entries wrt the dependencies in other
place in order to prevent the files from being out of sync.

As Brett pointed out, such discussion was already taken place and the
last resort seems to be looking up the thread in the archive.

Thanks for asking, anyway!

> Wayne

Jacek

--