Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Anita Kulshreshtha <a_...@yahoo.com> on 2007/04/14 15:00:47 UTC

Re: ActiveMQ and port 1099 [was : Openejb and port 1099]

    Some more information:
  When this warning occurs the following MBeans are not created:
org.apache.activemq:
      Queue -
org.apache.activemq.JMSQueueSendReceiveTwoConnectionsStartBeforeBrokerTesttestSendReceive

      Topic -   ActiveMQ.Adivisory.Queue

ActiveMQ.Adivisory.Consumer.Queue.org.apache.activemq.JMSQueueSendReceiveTwoConnectionsStartBeforeBrokerTesttestSendReceive

    This might have caused some failures when the port was changed to
1098. Does anyone know if making this port configurable is the answer?
If yes, how?

Thanks
Anita

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/trunk/activemq-core/src/main/java/org/apache/activemq/broker/jmx/ManagementContext.java

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: ActiveMQ and port 1099 [was : Openejb and port 1099]

Posted by Anita Kulshreshtha <a_...@yahoo.com>.
--- Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Apr 14, 2007, at 6:42 PM, Rick McGuire wrote:

> > and I found I was unable to force the Geronimo configuration back
> > to 1099 with that change in place.

   The problem I am trying to address is that geronimo should not be
tied to any port. Could you please provide some information/trace about
what happened when you changed the port from 1098 to 1099 in
config.xml.

> IIUC, once the problem is resolved, the default port for RMI Registry
>
> will remain as 1099 (fixes your problem) and you'll be able to start
>
> a server using a non-default port....

   Correct.

Thanks
Anita

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: ActiveMQ and port 1099 [was : Openejb and port 1099]

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Apr 14, 2007, at 6:42 PM, Rick McGuire wrote:

> I don't believe this was the cause of the failures I was
> receiving.  In order for the tests I was working with to function,
> the two servers needed to agree on the RMIRegistry.  There's no
> mechanism that allows me to change the value in the other server,
> and I found I was unable to force the Geronimo configuration back
> to 1099 with that change in place.

Agreed. I'm pretty sure that Anita understands that. She's trying to
fix the problem that port 1099 must be available when you start a
Geronimo server, no matter what RMI Registry port is configured.

IIUC, once the problem is resolved, the default port for RMI Registry
will remain as 1099 (fixes your problem) and you'll be able to start
a server using a non-default port without getting an error (fixes the
problem that Anita was trying to avoid).

--kevan

Re: ActiveMQ and port 1099 [was : Openejb and port 1099]

Posted by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com>.
I don't believe this was the cause of the failures I was receiving.  In
order for the tests I was working with to function, the two servers
needed to agree on the RMIRegistry.  There's no mechanism that allows me
to change the value in the other server, and I found I was unable to
force the Geronimo configuration back to 1099 with that change in place.

Rick