Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/22 00:28:13 UTC

Hadoop Test libraries: Where did they go ?

It appears to me that

http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.hadoop/hadoop-test

Is no longer updated....

Where does hadoop now package the test libraries?

Looking in the ".//hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/pom.xml " file in
the hadoop 2X branches, im not sure wether or not src/test is packaged into
a jar anymore... but i fear it is not.

--
Jay Vyas
http://jayunit100.blogspot.com

Re: Hadoop Test libraries: Where did they go ?

Posted by Sravya Paladugu <sr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Do we have any software tool for hive as such we have toad for Oracle for
querying the data.

Many Thanks,
Sravya.

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
Yup , we figured it out eventually.
The artifacts now use the test-jar directive which creates a jar file that you can reference in mvn using the <type> tag in your dependencies.

However, fyi, I haven't been able to successfully google for the quintessential classes in the hadoop test libs like the fs BaseContractTest by name, so they are now harder to find then before....

So i think it's unfortunate that they are not a top level maven artifact.

It's misleading, as It's now very easy to assume from looking at hadoop in mvn central that hadoop-test is just an old library that nobody updates anymore.

Just a thought but Maybe hadoop-test could be rejuvenated to point to the hadoop-commons some how?

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.