Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Karthik Nanjangude <ka...@xius-bcgi.com> on 2010/03/02 12:32:37 UTC

Curious to know if the following is permitted

Hi

SPEC
JDK 1.5
TOMKAT 6.0.20
O/s Unix /Linux /WIN2000

Curious to know if the following is permitted

Can a standalone piece of code (out of web apps)   connect via JNDI to the web application running successfully on Tomcat

Note: - This is required for some scheduled End of Day Operations to insert Bulk Data into DB via the validating business layer of the up and running application

With regards
karthik

RE: Curious to know if the following is permitted

Posted by Karthik Nanjangude <ka...@xius-bcgi.com>.
Hi

I believe what u said is correct, but if u have seen this thread as I have already said

>>I could have used JBOSS or OC4j, but it does not make sense to use these J2EE containers for the simple 1 or 2 requirements

My applications are restricted infrastructure to only WEB based and are made to be simple, not to be made complicated.

Hence the requirement

Are there any alternatives other then using J2EE Container   within the scope of TOMCAT domain only.

With regards
karthik

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

RE: Curious to know if the following is permitted

Posted by Karthik Nanjangude <ka...@xius-bcgi.com>.
Hi

>> just use whatever the webapps inside

I do not follow-up

My requirements were to expose the "war" to Outer world via http
and also use / provide credential access for the same application's Business layer from outside the war file via  standalone Client via JNDI via RMI-IIOP

This activity is to done when the Web application is up and running only ( probably EOD process )

Axis mounted on Web application would solve this problem ...
but exploring any other way around with out AXIS ...

with regards
karthik

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

Posted by Karthik Nanjangude <ka...@xius-bcgi.com>.
Hi

Chuck

Sorry for the process

Are u saying about AXIS, Using Http protocol for loosely based Client usage.

OK this is one of the options, are there any others ?

With regards
karthik

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

Posted by Karthik Nanjangude <ka...@xius-bcgi.com>.
Hi

I am no expert in LDAP  ...Plz excuse me

Existing web application, JDBC Connection pool can be attained with JNDI

So my requirement / Clarification is to How to re-use the existing applications business Layer from the web applications which in turn uses the JNDI to connect to DB for Data processing

Although Tomcat is not a J2EE Container like OC4j or JBOSS Servers
.... where in the remote connectivity is achieved via RMI-IIOP, as simple as Client ( Standalone S/w )  initiating  Business Objects on J2EE via JNDI's

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.