Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Vamshidhar Palkonda <vp...@yahoo.com> on 2007/01/16 07:57:23 UTC

tomcat in the embedded device

 Hi
   I am trying to solve a problem in a different way, or may be you have already solved it. And I want to know pros and cons

Today, all the embedded devices like VPN, Firewall devices have a cli, httpd and configd daemons. These are all control pane daemons. They are all in C/C++.

Now I want to use tomcat in place of httpd and confid. First is it a good way to go in that direction.

I have to figure out a way to hook cli to communicate to tomcat. The reason why I want to use tomcat is the ease of development. I can use JSF for the EMS.

or do u guys think I am better of some httpd, and configd implemented in C.

I appreciate your responses..

thanks

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.