Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "T. Park" <tp...@borland.com> on 2001/03/23 19:50:07 UTC

Catalina vs. preServletInit et. al.

Hello,

I'm a newbie to the Catalina code line and need some guidance (lots
actually)...

I have a custom interceptor that works really well with Tomcat 3.x that
does some special setup work
in the preServletInit/postServletInit, preService/postService and
preServletDestroy/postServletDestroy methods of
the special RequestInterceptor.

My problem is determining functional equivalents to these in Catalina.

Can anyone give me any pointers - I sort of lost my way in the source
code and documentation
(primarily due to existing references to 'interceptors' in both comments
and docs.)

Is there still a way to do some pre/post processing for each
corresponding servlet call (init,destroy and service).

I looked at VavleBase and couldn't see any direct comparison.

-Thom

--
http://www.borland.com/newsgroups
http://www.borland.com/devsupport/disclaim.html