Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com> on 2000/09/26 05:58:42 UTC

XalanJ2 XMLSerializer problems

I've started working quite a bit with XalanJ2.  I'm trying to port the
Nodeset extension function as a first project and the implementation is
going to have to be be somewhat different from XalanJ1.  This is because
RTFs appear to be passed as a org.apache.xerces.dom.DocumentFragmentImpl
rather than a org.apache.xalan.xslt.ResultTreeFrag.  This actually works
out better for me.  I have some further testing and investigation to see
if this is always the case.

However, I came across this problem with the outputting which seems to
be in the way that XMLSerializer is used.

To recreate the problem:

------- Input XML -------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<root/>