Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Mamta Satoor <ms...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/04 21:13:23 UTC

with ibm16 on trunk : Failure in SetTransactionIsolation:embeddedjava.sql with lack of space on the page error

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has seen following failure or if rings a
bell to anyone. It does not look like disk space problem but my
interpretation could be wrong. I am thinking that error thrown would
be a different one if it had to do with disk space. The trunk was at
644573 when the error happened on our internal machine. Thanks.

SetTransactionIsolation:embeddedjava.sql.SQLException: Limitation:
Record cannot be updated or inserted due to lack of space on the page.
Use the parameters derby.storage.pageSize and/or
derby.storage.pageReservedSpace to work around this limitation.
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.generateCsSQLException(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.wrapInSQLException(Unknown
Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.handleException(Unknown
Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.handleException(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.ConnectionChild.handleException(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.executeStatement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement.executeStatement(Unknown
Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedCallableStatement.executeStatement(Unknown
Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement.execute(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.CleanDatabaseTestSetup.compressObjects(CleanDatabaseTestSetup.java:267)
at org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.CleanDatabaseTestSetup.cleanDatabase(CleanDatabaseTestSetup.java:166)
at org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.CleanDatabaseTestSetup.setUp(CleanDatabaseTestSetup.java:109)
at junit.extensions.TestSetup$1.protect(TestSetup.java:18)
at junit.extensions.TestSetup.run(TestSetup.java:23)
at org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.BaseTestSetup.run(BaseTestSetup.java:57)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Limitation: Record cannot be updated
or inserted due to lack of space on the page. Use the parameters
derby.storage.pageSize and/or derby.storage.pageReservedSpace to work
around this limitation.
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.wrapArgsForTransportAcrossDRDA(Unknown
Source)
... 28 more
Caused by: ERROR XSDA3: Limitation: Record cannot be updated or
inserted due to lack of space on the page. Use the parameters
derby.storage.pageSize and/or derby.storage.pageReservedSpace to work
around this limitation.
at org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newException(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.CopyRowsOperation.writeOptionalDataToBuffer(Unknown
Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.CopyRowsOperation.<init>(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.LoggableActions.actionCopyRows(Unknown
Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.BasePage.copyInto(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.BasePage.copyAndPurge(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.StoredPage.moveRecordForCompressAtSlot(Unknown
Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.heap.HeapCompressScan.fetchRowsForCompress(Unknown
Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.heap.HeapCompressScan.fetchNextGroup(Unknown
Source)
at org.apache.derby.iapi.db.OnlineCompress.defragmentRows(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.iapi.db.OnlineCompress.compressTable(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.catalog.SystemProcedures.SYSCS_INPLACE_COMPRESS_TABLE(Unknown
Source)
at org.apache.derby.exe.ac28ae19e3x0119x1a2ex714ex00000fb0cbff2.g0(Unknown
Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:45)
at <unknown class>.<unknown method>(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.CallStatementResultSet.open(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericPreparedStatement.execute(Unknown Source)
	... 22 more

Re: with ibm16 on trunk : Failure in SetTransactionIsolation:embeddedjava.sql with lack of space on the page error

Posted by Mamta Satoor <ms...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Kathey.

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.