Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Almog Rozencwajg <Al...@niceactimize.com> on 2022/03/06 07:28:44 UTC

Submit job to a session cluster on Kubernetes via REST API

Hi,

We deploy a Flink session cluster on Kubernetes.
We want to submit jobs via java application using the REST API https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-docs-release-1.14/docs/ops/rest_api/.
I'm trying to use the RestClusterClient which comes with the flink-clients module but I couldn't find any examples in the documentation.
What is the correct way to submit a job to a native Kubernetes session cluster using the REST API, work with the RestClusterClient or can we use any other REST client?
Is there an example of how to work with the RestClusterClient?

Thanks,
Almog

Confidentiality: This communication and any attachments are intended for the above-named persons only and may be confidential and/or legally privileged. Any opinions expressed in this communication are not necessarily those of NICE Actimize. If this communication has come to you in error you must take no action based on it, nor must you copy or show it to anyone; please delete/destroy and inform the sender by e-mail immediately.
Monitoring: NICE Actimize may monitor incoming and outgoing e-mails.
Viruses: Although we have taken steps toward ensuring that this e-mail and attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free.

Re: Submit job to a session cluster on Kubernetes via REST API

Posted by Yang Wang <da...@gmail.com>.
If you want to use the RestClusterClient to do the job submission and
lifecycle management, the implementation in the
flink-kubernetes-operator[1] project may give you some insights.

You could also use /jars/:jarid/run[2] to run a Flink job. It is a pure
HTTP interface.

[1].
https://github.com/apache/flink-kubernetes-operator/blob/main/flink-kubernetes-operator/src/main/java/org/apache/flink/kubernetes/operator/service/FlinkService.java#L126
[2].