Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org> on 2008/09/08 17:14:54 UTC

StAX (JSR 173) License

Has there been any closure on the issue of the StAX reference
implementation (both the API jar and the implementation jar)?  Are we
allowed to use them in an Apache project?

http://dist.codehaus.org/stax/jars/stax-src-1.2.0.zip

It seems that BEA wanted it under the ASL, but it's unclear if it ever
got "done".
It's certainly not clear from the legal-discuss archives.

http://markmail.org/search/?q=JSR+173+license#query:JSR%20173%20license%20list%3Aorg.apache.legal-discuss

-Yonik

Re: StAX (JSR 173) License

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.
XML Commons and Xerces gave up too and eventually adopted the Geronimo
version as the basis for the StAX API for JAXP 1.4.

Thanks.

Michael Glavassevich
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab