Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by xiaoyuan <yu...@163.com> on 2016/08/31 14:39:43 UTC

Why beeline use BufferedRows by default instead of IncrementalRows ?

Hi,

When I use beeline to execute a select * from a table with 4.2 GB data, beeline failed with OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded:

I also noticed that beeline use BufferedRows by default, If i change the default to IncrementalRows, the query will work.

So why don’t we just change the default value to IncrementalRows ?

Thanks.

Re: Why beeline use BufferedRows by default instead of IncrementalRows ?

Posted by Sergio Pena <se...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,

There is a JIRA that was just fixed that sets incremental rows as default.

You should see this change on the next release Hive 2.2