Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Noel Butler <no...@ausics.net> on 2014/02/26 01:36:22 UTC

custom report 3.4

Hi,
Did anything change in custom report for 3.4.0 ?

if can(Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf::feature_yesno_takes_args)
report  blah blah blah not spam
else
report foobar is spam
endif

with all spam reports 3.4 now simply uses the blah blah blah section,
telling users their mail is NOT spam when it is :)

In interim I'll just comment out the test and have SA use the message is
spam always since it should not write to a clean message anyway.

Cheers

Re: custom report 3.4

Posted by Noel Butler <no...@ausics.net>.
On Wed, 2014-02-26 at 06:07 -0500, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:

> The logic below just says (if the yes no feature is available). That
> was added in 3.4. So the logic you are writing just says if I am
> running 3.4, x otherwise y.
>
> The goal of the can was to write a different report that used a
> special yes /no feature.

yes I know this, and it was working in 3.3, and it was afterall taken
from the wiki, and worked *as desired* in 3.3, ahhh look forget it, im
not gunna waste any more of my time on it, iv wiped it anyway and we are
using a global custom regardless of yes/noimaybe or whatever else, its
late, so IDGAF, its not performing as it did on previous versions, but i
wont continue here any further since you think it aint a bug despite
what I see here that shows a failure in how it used to operate.

Re: custom report 3.4

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <KM...@PCCC.com>.
The logic below just says (if the yes no feature is available).  That was added in 3.4.  So the logic you are writing just says if I am running 3.4, x otherwise y.

The goal of the can was to write a different report that used a special yes /no feature.
Regards,
KAM

Re: custom report 3.4

Posted by Mark Martinec <Ma...@ijs.si>.
All that the expression

   can(Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf::feature_yesno_takes_args)

does is to check whether the _YESNO_ macro can take arguments.
It is always true in 3.4.0.

I have no idea how it could work before the way you intended.

   Mark

Re: custom report 3.4

Posted by Noel Butler <no...@ausics.net>.

Re: custom report 3.4