Posted to user@fineract.apache.org by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org> on 2018/02/15 16:02:01 UTC

GSOC 2018: Continuing to refine ideas and list of mentors now that mentoring orgs selected

Hello Apache Fineract and Mifos Communities,

I just wanted to inform you that the Mifos Initiative has been selected as
a mentoring organization for Google Summer of Code for the seventh time.

Members across our communities will be mentoring for projects contributing
back to the core Apache Fineract platform, the new Apache Fineract CN
framework as well as Mifos X mobile and web apps that consume these
platforms.

Our efforts are in addition to projects related to Apache Fineract that are
applied under Apache Software Foundation as the umbrella organization.  As
evident last year with our 12 interns, our direct involvement in GSOC is
one of the ways we can most impactfully add value to the financial
inclusion needs of our community.

We are continuing to refine our ideas located at https://mifosforge.jira.
com/wiki/spaces/RES/pages/225411076/Google+Summer+of+Code+2018+Ideas

As we noted earlier, we're eager to discuss with the community what
projects/ideas they would like to see - we will work to find suitable
mentors and identify potential interns to work on these.

Our GSOC students go on to become the most loyal and committed members of
our community so this is both a valuable way to evolve the product and
platform in near term and build our long-term community of contributors.

Cheers,

Ed

Re: Mifos/Fineract on Kubernetes

Posted by Himanshu <hi...@gmail.com>.
Respected sir/mam,

Please unsubscribe me out of all your newsletters. I am not interested in
receiving any mail from your side.
My E-mail: himanshuk430@gmail.com

Thanks

Posted by Fintecheando - DevOps <de...@fintecheando.mx>.
Hi Ed,

Thank you. I was looking for example Docker image of stable version of
Fineract CN, or a template in Openshift to deploy Fineract CN in
Kubernetes (for now On promises because of regulations but also with
Helm we can deploy to any Kubernetes cloud provider).

 From our side we would share a github repository with this information
at least in a stable version. Briefly we are using Openshift Origin 3.6
on CentOS 7.3 in a 3 node configuration, on promises, all running in
VMWare VM's and now we are building the Docker Images, very soon will be
published in Docker Hub, but would be great to know any in progress
effort if possible, but if not we will appreciate the help or
suggestions for example I have one query, which will the **required***
core services of Fineract CN that should be put in the container(s)?

On the other side I would like to try any github integration (sometimes
webhook setup is required to trigger the builds) with the CI/CD that
could be configure in Jenkins/openshift.

Regards.

Victor

Posted by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org>.
[...]

From Soham:

[...]