Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Alexei Scherbakov <al...@gmail.com> on 2022/01/06 11:13:24 UTC

Re: RE: Transactional Reader Writer Locks

Gurmehar,
"I need to understand when we mean LOCK, is this lock is acquired on entire
Cache or on record we are trying to update .
Please clarify ." - Ignite uses record level locking.

Jay,
I would avoid entire cache locks due to performance reasons, but if it's
really necessary, lock object cache seems the best solution.

--

Best regards,
Alexei Scherbakov

RE: RE: Transactional Reader Writer Locks

Posted by ja...@gmx.de.
Ok that’s what I was afraid of. Thanks for letting us know Pavel.

And if https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-4887 made it back to the top of the list that would be awesome of course. You got my vote.

Jay

Posted by Pavel Tupitsyn <pt...@apache.org>.
Jay,