Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Alireza Salimi <al...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/27 23:22:57 UTC

Searching for digits with strings

Hi,

I was wondering if there's a built in solution in Solr so that you can
search for documents with digits by their string representations.
i.e. search for 'two' would match fields which have '2' token and vice
versa.

Thanks

--
Alireza Salimi
Java EE Developer

Re: Searching for digits with strings

Posted by Sascha Szott <sz...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

as far as I know Solr does not provide such a feature. If you cannot make any assumptions on the numbers, choose an appropriate library that is able to transform between numerical and non-numerical representations and populate the search field with both versions at index-time.

-Sascha

Alireza Salimi <al...@gmail.com> schrieb:

Hi,

Well that's the only solution I got so far and it would work for most of
the cases,
but l thought there might be some better solutions.

Thanks

Posted by Alireza Salimi <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.