Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/07 01:53:17 UTC

[VOTE] Felix framework 2.0.0 and related subprojects releases

I would like to call a vote on the following subproject releases:

org.osgi.core 1.4.0 *
org.osgi.compendium 1.4.0 *
shell 1.4.0
shell.tui 1.4.0
bundlerepository 1.4.1
framework  2.0.0
main 2.0.0

Staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/felix-staging-044//

You can use this UNIX script to download the release and verify the signatures:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/trunk/check_staged_release.sh

Usage:
sh check_staged_release.sh 44 /tmp/felix-staging

Additionally, a convenience binary release is provided at:

http://people.apache.org/~pauls/2.0.0/

Please vote to approve this release:

[ ] +1 Approve the release

* The core and compendium subprojects are being released because
framework depends on them, but they will not be published.

Re: [VOTE] Felix framework 2.0.0 and related subprojects releases

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
This should still work. If you have a test case, then create an issue. I
will also try to do something similar soon too, so I will try to see if
it works for me.

-> richard

Posted by Clement Escoffier <cl...@gmail.com>.
+1,

Posted by Toni Menzel <to...@okidokiteam.com>.
+1 (not binding)

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
+1

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Felix framework 2.0.0 and related subprojects releases

Posted by Rob Walker <ro...@ascert.com>.
+1

>> I would like to call a vote on the following subproject releases:
>>
>> org.osgi.core 1.4.0 *
>> org.osgi.compendium 1.4.0 *
>> shell 1.4.0
>> shell.tui 1.4.0
>> bundlerepository 1.4.1
>> framework  2.0.0
>> main 2.0.0
>>
>> Staging repository:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/felix-staging-044//
>>
>> You can use this UNIX script to download the release and verify the
>> signatures:
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/trunk/check_staged_release.sh
>>
>> Usage:
>> sh check_staged_release.sh 44 /tmp/felix-staging
>>
>> Additionally, a convenience binary release is provided at:
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~pauls/2.0.0/
>>
>> Please vote to approve this release:
>>
>> [ ] +1 Approve the release
>>
>> * The core and compendium subprojects are being released because
>> framework depends on them, but they will not be published.

--

Ascert - Taking systems to the Edge
robw@ascert.com

Re: [VOTE] Felix framework 2.0.0 and related subprojects releases

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
+1

-> richard

Re: KEYS and check_staged_release (Re: [VOTE] Felix framework 2.0.0 and related subprojects releases)

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, that sounds reasonable.  I've left the import but it's now commented.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: KEYS and check_staged_release (Re: [VOTE] Felix framework 2.0.0 and related subprojects releases)

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.
+1

regards,

Karl

karlpauls@gmail.com

Re: [VOTE] Felix framework 2.0.0 and related subprojects releases

Posted by Chris Custine <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1
--
Chris Custine
FUSESource :: http://fusesource.com

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.
2009/9/10 Angelo van der Sijpt <an...@luminis.nl>

> +1 (very non-authoritive)
>
> We checked the new release against our OSGi testing framework (
> http://opensource.luminis.net/wiki/display/OSGITEST/OSGi+testing+framework
>  ), and found nothing bad.
>
> It's a shame about the new OSGi-provided filter implementation, by the
> way...

I haven't been following the recent filter changes... what's wrong with it?

> Angelo
>

> On 7 Sep 2009, at 01:53, Karl Pauls wrote:
>
> > I would like to call a vote on the following subproject releases:
> >
> > org.osgi.core 1.4.0 *
> > org.osgi.compendium 1.4.0 *
> > shell 1.4.0
> > shell.tui 1.4.0
> > bundlerepository 1.4.1
> > framework  2.0.0
> > main 2.0.0
> >
> > Staging repository:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/felix-staging-044//
> >
> > You can use this UNIX script to download the release and verify the
> > signatures:
> > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/trunk/check_staged_release.sh
> >
> > Usage:
> > sh check_staged_release.sh 44 /tmp/felix-staging
> >
> > Additionally, a convenience binary release is provided at:
> >
> > http://people.apache.org/~pauls/2.0.0/<http://people.apache.org/%7Epauls/2.0.0/>
> >
> > Please vote to approve this release:
> >
> > [ ] +1 Approve the release
> > [ ] -1 Veto the release (please provide specific comments)
> >
> > * The core and compendium subprojects are being released because
> > framework depends on them, but they will not be published.

--
Cheers, Stuart

Re: [VOTE] Felix framework 2.0.0 and related subprojects releases

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 8:02 PM, Stuart McCulloch<mc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/9/10 Angelo van der Sijpt <an...@luminis.nl>

>>> Why is that?
>>>

>> In some corner cases, the OSGi implementation might conclude that a filter
>> is invalid, while it is actually permitted by the production rules. For
>> instance, (!ab=a) states an attribute name of '!ab', which is not disallowed
>> by spec, and solved correctly by Felix' filter implementation. The provided
>> one assumes that any ! after a ( will signal a negation, and complain that
>> it requires a ( .
>

> have you raised a bug for this over at
> https://www.osgi.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi ?

Yes, that would be a good idea. This is the one benefit of switching -
it shifts the burden to maintain it to other people...

regards,

Karl

--
Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com

Re: Filter specification bug

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
On 9/10/09 1:18, Angelo van der Sijpt wrote:

> On Sep 9, 2009, at 8:02 PM, Stuart McCulloch wrote:
>
>> 2009/9/10 Angelo van der Sijpt <an...@luminis.nl>

>>> In some corner cases, the OSGi implementation might conclude that a
>>> filter
>>> is invalid, while it is actually permitted by the production rules. For
>>> instance, (!ab=a) states an attribute name of '!ab', which is not
>>> disallowed
>>> by spec, and solved correctly by Felix' filter implementation. The
>>> provided
>>> one assumes that any ! after a ( will signal a negation, and
>>> complain that
>>> it requires a ( .
>>

>> have you raised a bug for this over at
>> https://www.osgi.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi ?
>
> Bug filed as https://www.osgi.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=57 .

Great. This bug will probably not be addressed for a while, but at least
it is on our radar...if you want to submit a patch to the filter impl,
we could potentially include it in a future build of Felix.

-> richard

Filter specification bug (was: Re: [VOTE] Felix framework 2.0.0 and related subprojects releases)

Posted by Angelo van der Sijpt <an...@luminis.nl>.

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Angelo van der Sijpt <an...@luminis.nl>.
On Sep 9, 2009, at 7:00 PM, Richard S. Hall wrote:

> On 9/9/09 12:54, Angelo van der Sijpt wrote:
>> +1 (very non-authoritive)
>>
>> We checked the new release against our OSGi testing framework (http://opensource.luminis.net/wiki/display/OSGITEST/OSGi+testing+framework
>>   ), and found nothing bad.
>>
>> It's a shame about the new OSGi-provided filter implementation, by
>> the
>> way...
>>

> Why is that?

In some corner cases, the OSGi implementation might conclude that a
filter is invalid, while it is actually permitted by the production
rules. For instance, (!ab=a) states an attribute name of '!ab', which
is not disallowed by spec, and solved correctly by Felix' filter
implementation. The provided one assumes that any ! after a ( will
signal a negation, and complain that it requires a ( .

> We are not required to use it, we were just tired of maintaining our
> own.
>
> -> richard

Angelo

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
On 9/9/09 12:54, Angelo van der Sijpt wrote:
> +1 (very non-authoritive)
>
> We checked the new release against our OSGi testing framework (http://opensource.luminis.net/wiki/display/OSGITEST/OSGi+testing+framework
>    ), and found nothing bad.
>
> It's a shame about the new OSGi-provided filter implementation, by the
> way...

Why is that?

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 9:10 PM, Angelo van der
Sijpt<an...@luminis.nl> wrote:

> On 9 Sep 2009, at 20:38, Karl Pauls wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 6:54 PM, Angelo van der
>> Sijpt<an...@luminis.nl> wrote:
>>> +1 (very non-authoritive)
>>>
>>> We checked the new release against our OSGi testing framework (http://opensource.luminis.net/wiki/display/OSGITEST/OSGi+testing+framework
>>>  ), and found nothing bad.
>>

>> I would have been surprised as I did run it as well :-)
>
> Ah, nice. This might also be a good time to introduce our graduate
> student, who will be extending the testing framework, and adding cool
> features like automated reporting and multi-framework support!

Cool, but please do this on a separate thread :-)

regards,

Karl

--
Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com

Re: [VOTE] Felix framework 2.0.0 and related subprojects releases

Posted by Angelo van der Sijpt <an...@luminis.nl>.
On 9 Sep 2009, at 20:38, Karl Pauls wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 6:54 PM, Angelo van der
> Sijpt<an...@luminis.nl> wrote:
>> +1 (very non-authoritive)
>>
>> We checked the new release against our OSGi testing framework (http://opensource.luminis.net/wiki/display/OSGITEST/OSGi+testing+framework
>>  ), and found nothing bad.
>

> I would have been surprised as I did run it as well :-)

Ah, nice. This might also be a good time to introduce our graduate
student, who will be extending the testing framework, and adding cool
features like automated reporting and multi-framework support!

> regards,
>
> Karl

Angelo

Re: [VOTE] Felix framework 2.0.0 and related subprojects releases

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Angelo van der Sijpt <an...@luminis.nl>.
+1 (very non-authoritive)

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.
2009/9/7 Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>

> I would like to call a vote on the following subproject releases:
>
> org.osgi.core 1.4.0 *
> org.osgi.compendium 1.4.0 *
> shell 1.4.0
> shell.tui 1.4.0
> bundlerepository 1.4.1
> framework  2.0.0
> main 2.0.0
>
> Staging repository:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/felix-staging-044//

> signatures:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/trunk/check_staged_release.sh
>
> Usage:
> sh check_staged_release.sh 44 /tmp/felix-staging
>
> Additionally, a convenience binary release is provided at:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~pauls/2.0.0/<http://people.apache.org/%7Epauls/2.0.0/>
>
> Please vote to approve this release:
>
> [ ] +1 Approve the release

+1

Posted by Alin Dreghiciu <ad...@gmail.com>.
+1 (not binding)

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 2:53 AM, Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to call a vote on the following subproject releases:
>
> org.osgi.core 1.4.0 *
> org.osgi.compendium 1.4.0 *
> shell 1.4.0
> shell.tui 1.4.0
> bundlerepository 1.4.1
> framework  2.0.0
> main 2.0.0
>
> Staging repository:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/felix-staging-044//

> signatures:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/trunk/check_staged_release.sh
>
> Usage:
> sh check_staged_release.sh 44 /tmp/felix-staging
>
> Additionally, a convenience binary release is provided at:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~pauls/2.0.0/
>
> Please vote to approve this release:
>
> [ ] +1 Approve the release
>
> * The core and compendium subprojects are being released because
> framework depends on them, but they will not be published.

--
Alin Dreghiciu
Software Developer
http://www.qi4j.org - New Energy for Java - Domain Driven Development.

Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Felix framework 2.0.0 and related subprojects releases

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.
Time to call the vote on the following subproject releases:

org.osgi.core 1.4.0
org.osgi.compendium 1.4.0
shell 1.4.0
shell.tui 1.4.0
bundlerepository 1.4.1
framework  2.0.0
main 2.0.0

* +1 votes from Alin Dreghiciu, Filippo Diotalevi, Marcel Offermans,
Stuart McCulloch, Guillaume Nodet, Richard S. Hall, Rob Walker,
Carsten Ziegeler, Toni Menzel, Clement Escoffier, Chris Custine,
Angelo van der Sijpt, Felix Meschberger, Karl Pauls

* -0 votes from Don Brown

* No other votes

The vote is successful. I will make the release artifacts available as
soon as possible.

Re: [VOTE] Felix framework 2.0.0 and related subprojects releases

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
+1

Thanks for the great efforts !

Regards
Felix

Posted by Filippo Diotalevi <fi...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 1:53 AM, Karl Pauls<ka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to call a vote on the following subproject releases:
> Please vote to approve this release:
>
> [ ] +1 Approve the release

+1

--
Filippo Diotalevi

Re: [VOTE] Felix framework 2.0.0 and related subprojects releases

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Felix framework 2.0.0 and related subprojects releases

Posted by Don Brown <do...@gmail.com>.
-0 Due to the concurrency issues I'm seeing in Felix.  Not -1 because
these issues are in 1.8.1 as well, so I guess it is no worse then that
GA release.

Don