Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jordan Lee <jo...@shaw.ca> on 2006/03/10 03:50:30 UTC

Receiving null Message Parameter

Hi,

I've set up an Axis service, and am using a Java test client to test the port.

I am trying to use the driver to send the following type of Message:

<wsdl:message name="returnAcceptanceInput">
		<wsdl:documentation>This message is for acceptance</wsdl:documentation>
		<wsdl:part name="header" type="nb:MessageHeader" />
		<wsdl:part name="parameter" type="nb:Acceptance" />
	</wsdl:message>

When the method is called by WSDL on the service,
'header' comes through fine, but 'parameter' is null. Has anyone encountered this before?

thanks,
Jordan.

Want to Deploy full apllication

Posted by nancy <na...@daffodildb.com>.
 Hi,

I am having a j2ee application with jsp pages, hibernate etc.I have exposed
two methods of my some class lets say

a.b.c.Classs1

Where a.b.c is package path.

I created a service.xml and plced it in Meta-inf in a.b.c package and also I
placed same meta-inf folder outside WEB-INF. Now, Whne I am having two
archive files. One is war another is aar. Both structures are different.

War is having all the jsp pages as well as classes and lib.

Aar is having Meta-inf and a.b.c.class1 and other packages.

But I want to run my application within one archive file.
What is the structure of the aar file having whole of the application like
war.Please help!!!!

--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.

Re: Receiving null Message Parameter

Posted by Loïc Minier <lo...@via.ecp.fr>.
        Hi,

On Thu, Mar 09, 2006, Jordan R Lee wrote:
> Can someone please enlighten me as to the tradeoffs in choosing
> Binding style = RPC vs binding style = Document?

 Depends on the interoperability level you want to achieve, I've found
 these article from Anne Thomas Names' blog useful:
 http://atmanes.blogspot.com/2005/03/first-stop-ws-i.html
 http://atmanes.blogspot.com/2005/03/wrapped-documentliteral-convention.html

 You might also want to have a look at the WS-I.

   Cheers,

--
Loïc Minier <lo...@dooz.org>
Current Earth status:   NOT DESTROYED

Re: Receiving null Message Parameter

Posted by robert <ro...@gmail.com>.
Here's an article from IBM comparing the styles:

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-whichwsdl/

HTH,
Robert
http://www.braziloutsource.com/

RE: Receiving null Message Parameter

--
Dies KOPER <di...@jp.fujitsu.com> (changed on 1 July 2005)
Fujitsu Ltd - MWPF1  (changed from MWPF3 on 21 Nov 2005)

Re: Receiving null Message Parameter

Posted by Dies Koper <di...@jp.fujitsu.com>.