Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by shivaji raju b <sh...@stagsoftware.com> on 2006/05/23 14:02:08 UTC

Load Testing Standalone GUI Applications

Hi all,

I wanted to do load/performance testing on a Standalone Java based
application. Can jmeter be used to perform Load test on Standalone GUI based
Java application.

I have previously done load test on a web application using Jmeter. Web
Events were recorded using the Proxy server. Is there any option where i can
do the same on a Standalone desktop based application.

Are there any alternate opensource tools available to do this.

Thanks
Shivaji Raju B
STAG Software Private Limited
#192, Airport Road, Domlur
Bangalore-560071

www.stagsoftware.com

Re: Load Testing Standalone GUI Applications

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
It depends on the application, and how it is controlled.

Most likely you would have to write a new samplerm but first have a
look at all the existing sampler types (HTTP, JDBC, TCP etc) to see if
any of these generate the required type of sample.

If not, you will need to write your own sampler or find a different tool.

S.

#192, Airport Road, Domlur
Bangalore-560071

www.stagsoftware.com