Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Barry Gold <Ba...@ca.rr.com> on 2014/02/18 02:25:40 UTC

How to turn off the debug player?

I followed the instructions in Gassner's book: _Adobe Flash Builder 4
and Flex 4 Bible_, and installed the debug version of the Flash player.

But there are a lot of flash movies on the web with errors.  I'm tired
of being told about all of them.  Is there a way to turn the debugging
player off, then turn it on when I want to test my game?

Re: How to turn off the debug player?

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
Or different FireFox profiles.

Tom

Posted by Lee Burrows <su...@leeburrows.com>.

--
Lee Burrows
ActionScripter

Re: How to turn off the debug player?

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 5:25 PM, Barry Gold <Ba...@ca.rr.com> wrote:

> I followed the instructions in Gassner's book: _Adobe Flash Builder 4 and
> Flex 4 Bible_, and installed the debug version of the Flash player.
>
> But there are a lot of flash movies on the web with errors.  I'm tired of
> being told about all of them.  Is there a way to turn the debugging player
> off, then turn it on when I want to test my game?

I don't think there is an easy way to do that.  I used to use a Firefox
plugin called "Flash Switcher" [1]  You could have release and debug
versions installed that you can switch when you want. I am not sure if this
plugin works anymore.

There seems to be another plugin [2]  I have never used it, though.

I ended up using Internet Explorer with Debug Flash Player for development
and Chrome/Firefox for my browsing needs with the Release Flash Player
installed :-)

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Om

[1]
http://www.sephiroth.it/weblog/archives/2006/10/flash_switcher_for_firefox.php
[2] https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/flashlight-1/

Re: How to turn off the debug player?

Posted by Barry Gold <Ba...@ca.rr.com>.
On 2/18/2014 1:52 AM, Evyatar Ben Halevi-Arbib wrote:
> If you install debug player on Chrome you would have two Flash players
> installed -
> 1. Debug version (NPAPI)
> 2. Normal version of Pepper Flash (PPAPI)
>
> Going to chrome://plugins/ and expanding the details allows you to enable&
> disable them according to your current preference.
> I have that address in Chrome's bookmarks for easy access.

Excellent!  Thank you!

Re: How to turn off the debug player?

Posted by Evyatar Ben Halevi-Arbib <ev...@gmail.com>.
If you install debug player on Chrome you would have two Flash players
installed -
1. Debug version (NPAPI)
2. Normal version of Pepper Flash (PPAPI)

Going to chrome://plugins/ and expanding the details allows you to enable &
disable them according to your current preference.
I have that address in Chrome's bookmarks for easy access.

Good luck,
Evyatar