Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by subes <gs...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/12 15:28:18 UTC

HTML and Binding generator for Wicket

Hi there, I have a framework to announce that was built on top of Wicket
and Wicket-Bootstrap. It applies the Naked Objects pattern to generate HTML
files and the corresponding Wicket Binding for you based on your models.
All the while allowing you to fully stay in control and be able to do what
you are used to with Wicket and the components provided by Wicket-Bootstrap.

More info at the documentation website: http://invesdwin.de/nowicket/
And on GitHub: https://github.com/subes/invesdwin-nowicket

So just wanted to express my thanks to the Wicket developers and
contributors who made this possible. :)

And yes, I am aware of Apache Isis and especially talk about the difference
between NoWicket and Apache Isis in the Introduction of the documentation.
Mainly the difference is that NoWicket does not aim at going as deep as the
persistence layer for the models and does not want to be a full CRUD
framework. Also explaining what disadvantages that would have for wanting
to stay in control. With NoWicket you actually still have your HTML files
to edit and the Wicket Page and Panel implementations you can customize.
NoWicket just automates the boring coding for most needs and reduces the
amount of SLOC to write by a magnitude.

Re: HTML and Binding generator for Wicket

Posted by andrea del bene <an...@gmail.com>.
Nice work! I remember I tried to do something similar in an old project
but the final result was much more rudimental.

Thank you!