Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Mark Kerzner <ma...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/12 04:02:05 UTC

Import the results into SimpleDB

Hi,

I want a Hadoop job that will simply take each line of the input text file
and store it (after parsing) in a database, like SimpleDB.

Can I put this code into Mapper, make no call to "collect" in it, and have
no reducers at all? Do I set the reduce class to
null, conf.setReducerClass(null)? or not set it at all?

Thank you,
Mark

Re: Import the results into SimpleDB

Posted by Amandeep Khurana <am...@gmail.com>.

> Might as well not use Hadoop then...

Hadoop makes it easy to parallelize the work... Makes perfect sense to use
it!

Re: Import the results into SimpleDB

Posted by Mark Kerzner <ma...@gmail.com>.
:)

I create this text file in Hadoop. Only I want to make the db import a
separate Hadoop job, run it in Amazon EMR, and make it fast by running
sufficient number of nodes.

Mark

Posted by Darren Govoni <da...@ontrenet.com>.