Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Solr User <so...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/07 22:47:13 UTC

ClassNotFoundException with Custom ZkACLProvider

This is mostly just an FYI regarding future work on issues like SOLR-8792.

I wanted admin update but world read on ZK since I do not have anything
sensitive from a read perspective in the Solr data and did not want to
force all SolrCloud clients to implement authentication just for read.  So,
I extended DefaultZkACLProvider and implemented a replacement for
VMParamsAllAndReadonlyDigestZkACLProvider.

My custom code is loaded from the sharedLib in solr.xml.  However, there is
a temporary ZK lookup to read solr.xml (and chroot) which is obviously done
before loading sharedLib.  Therefore, I am faced with a
ClassNotFoundException.  This has no negative effect on the ACL
functionality....just the annoying stack trace in the logs.  I do not want
to package this custom code with the Solr code and do not want to package
this along with Solr dependencies in the Jetty lib/ext.

So, I am planning to live with the stack trace and just wanted to share
this for any future work on the dynamic solr.xml and chroot lookups or in
case I am missing some work-around.

Thanks!

Re: ClassNotFoundException with Custom ZkACLProvider

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
Could you file a JIRA issue so that this report does not get lost?

- Mark

--
- Mark
about.me/markrmiller

Re: ClassNotFoundException with Custom ZkACLProvider

Posted by Solr User <so...@gmail.com>.