Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by AndrewR <ar...@vivatconsulting.com> on 2007/12/10 15:26:20 UTC

Extarnalize database connection settings

Hello

Help me with subj.

Our system's test branch uses database.properties file to connect to testing
database.
But cvs contains only database.properties.example, not database.properties.
I can not save database.properties to database as different developers have
different settings.

database.properties on continuum server will also have unique settings (I
also can not put them in cvs)

How can I add database.properties to my project at continuum build time?

thanks

Re: Extarnalize database connection settings

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
I think the best way would be to create a file
database.properties.continuum in your cvs. Then, in your pom, you create a
profile that you'll activate in the build definition in Continuum.
This profile will rename this file to database.properties, so your tests
will be ok.

Emmanuel