Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/24 01:19:58 UTC

maven-dependency-plugin: Checks for updates for released artifacts?

Has anyone else noticed that
maven-dependency-plugin:copy-dependencies:2.0-alpha-4 checks for
updates (at least daily) for new versions of released artifacts?

I haven't taken the step to see if this is the problem.  I wanted to
find out if anyone else had noticed the problem first?

Cheers

Re: maven-dependency-plugin: Checks for updates for released artifacts?

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
On 7/24/07, Brian E. Fox <br...@reply.infinity.nu> wrote:
> I've never seen this before, and use mdep quite extensively. Can you paste a log?

That's good to hear.  It could well be something specific to our environment.

Whoops,
After preparing more details for this response, I noticed where the problem is.

It's been a while since I looked into this.  There are two things happening,
1) mdep is used to unpack the base RCP from a zip file
2) eclipse:install-plugins is used to copy the plugins.

It is the plugins that are being checked for newer version so the I
need to ask the same question of the eclipse plugin.

I checked another project that was using mdep and it is not
re-resolving artifacts.

RE: maven-dependency-plugin: Checks for updates for released artifacts?

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
I've never seen this before, and use mdep quite extensively. Can you paste a log?

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.