Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jerome Lacoste <je...@coffeebreaks.org> on 2004/06/01 05:54:45 UTC

local repository layout and Linux

Reading the doc for local repository layout, that may be modified to
suit one user needs, I wondered if we should provide some hooks for
clean integration with Linux.

On many distributions, many jars are stored locally, e.g. in
/usr/share/java. I would like to be able to reuse this storage anyway. I
am not sure if all distributions adopt the same rules about naming jars
and their location, but I doubt.

In that case, I may need to have more than one different local
repository layouts. E.g. Debian layout may be different from Mandrake's
one.

Any comments on that? Anybody else think that would be interesting?

Jerome