Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2010/09/24 19:59:34 UTC

Planning some tags, and more tags

I'd like to spend the next two weeks or so looking for the low hanging
fruit, and tag 2.0.64 as something close to a final tarball in very
early October so it's truly out of sight, out of mind by ApacheCon.
Of course I'd love help - does 2 weeks sound reasonable to everyone?

I'd also like to tag 2.2.17 on about the same timetable, probably not
nearly as final as 2.0 would be, but there is good stuff there.

Thoughts?

Re: Planning some tags, and more tags

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
> ... and tagged 0.9.  Note 0.9 -util tag already failed on Darwin and we are
> holding 2.0 tag for a bundled expat for -util fix.  There are four backport
> bullets in 2.0 STATUS with two signoffs already, if anyone has eyeballs to
> invest between now and when -util has been retagged.  I'd hope this is the
> final 2.0 tag, so if any attract your attention as 'really should fix', this
> would be the day.
>
> I presume the bundled expat flaw did not apply to 2.2.  Jeff was going to look
> at the last 2.2 patch per Joe's comments.  Not sure if his travels interfere
> with this, so if he's unable I'm game to apply this with the additional footnotes
> before tagging.

The build system is substantially different in 1.3.x. So neither is
there the big difference in linker flags used for Darwin, AIX etc. and
other *nix platforms, nor the different code path between implicit
bundled and explicit builtin. In short: 1.3.10 looks good.

I also retested 1.3.10 using implicit bundled expat, which was fine on
Solaris. Couldn't do testing on Darwin or AIX though.

Regards,

Rainer

Re: Planning some tags, and more tags

Posted by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
On 10/5/2010 3:54 PM, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 2:30 PM, William A. Rowe Jr. <wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
>> On 9/24/2010 12:59 PM, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
>>> I'd like to spend the next two weeks or so looking for the low hanging
>>> fruit, and tag 2.0.64 as something close to a final tarball in very
>>> early October so it's truly out of sight, out of mind by ApacheCon.
>>> Of course I'd love help - does 2 weeks sound reasonable to everyone?
>>>
>>> I'd also like to tag 2.2.17 on about the same timetable, probably not
>>> nearly as final as 2.0 would be, but there is good stuff there.
>>
>> APR-util 1.3 is already tagged, and Jeff is planning to tag 0.9 Thursday.
>
> s/tagged/released/

... and tagged 0.9.  Note 0.9 -util tag already failed on Darwin and we are
holding 2.0 tag for a bundled expat for -util fix.  There are four backport
bullets in 2.0 STATUS with two signoffs already, if anyone has eyeballs to
invest between now and when -util has been retagged.  I'd hope this is the
final 2.0 tag, so if any attract your attention as 'really should fix', this
would be the day.

I presume the bundled expat flaw did not apply to 2.2.  Jeff was going to look
at the last 2.2 patch per Joe's comments.  Not sure if his travels interfere
with this, so if he's unable I'm game to apply this with the additional footnotes
before tagging.

Before the tag, both trees will get freshened manual 'build all's for good measure.

Re: Planning some tags, and more tags

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 2:30 PM, William A. Rowe Jr. <wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> On 9/24/2010 12:59 PM, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
>> I'd like to spend the next two weeks or so looking for the low hanging
>> fruit, and tag 2.0.64 as something close to a final tarball in very
>> early October so it's truly out of sight, out of mind by ApacheCon.
>> Of course I'd love help - does 2 weeks sound reasonable to everyone?
>>
>> I'd also like to tag 2.2.17 on about the same timetable, probably not
>> nearly as final as 2.0 would be, but there is good stuff there.
>
> Since 10/10/10 seems especially auspicious, I'd like to wrap up release
> votes by then (announcing on the 11th after the mirrors catch up), which
> means I'd like to T&R both 2.0 and 2.2 on Thursday.
>
> APR-util 1.3 is already tagged, and Jeff is planning to tag 0.9 Thursday.

s/tagged/released/

as far as the 0.9 tag, I'd love to hear (on that other list) opinions
on expat fixes for 0.9.

Re: Planning some tags, and more tags

Posted by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
> I'd like to spend the next two weeks or so looking for the low hanging
> fruit, and tag 2.0.64 as something close to a final tarball in very
> early October so it's truly out of sight, out of mind by ApacheCon.
> Of course I'd love help - does 2 weeks sound reasonable to everyone?
>
> I'd also like to tag 2.2.17 on about the same timetable, probably not
> nearly as final as 2.0 would be, but there is good stuff there.

Since 10/10/10 seems especially auspicious, I'd like to wrap up release
votes by then (announcing on the 11th after the mirrors catch up), which
means I'd like to T&R both 2.0 and 2.2 on Thursday.

APR-util 1.3 is already tagged, and Jeff is planning to tag 0.9 Thursday.
So my plan is to use the half-baked release for httpd 2.0 tag, and subject
to a successful conclusion of that apr release vote, abide by the release
vote for httpd 2.0 based on another Thursday tag.

STATUS, vote and patch away :)