Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Konrad Windszus <ko...@gmx.de> on 2020/08/12 12:10:00 UTC

FileVault: Where to place OSGi configurations, bundles and packages in container packages?

Hi,
according to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCRVLT-170 "container" packages are not supposed to contain any content themselves except for (sub) packages, bundles and OSGi configuration.
Now the question is how to place them properly inside the container package: They must be located somewhere, and this somewhere is usually a path below "/apps" for bundles/OSGi configuration and /etc/packages (legacy) for sub packages.

How do I make sure that my container package creates those paths with the correct node types?
For that I would either need to
a) depend on another package providing those ancestor nodes (which has been discussed in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCRVLT-443 and was discarded) or
b) create those ancestor nodes inside the container package with according filter rules. This would IMHO contradict the "they don't contain any content" principle

WDYT?

Thanks,
Konrad