Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/07 17:31:13 UTC

[ALL] Bulk closing issues on release [was: Release math 2.0 (take two)]

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 5:09 AM, <lu...@free.fr> wrote:

> ----- "Jörg Schaible" <jo...@gmx.de> a écrit :
>
>> Hi Phil,
>>
>> why are there still 20 issues in JIRA marked as resolved instead of
>> closed
>> now?
>
> I forgot to close them, sorry.
> I'll do it in a few minutes.

<snip/>

FWIW, for the past couple of releases I've RM'ed, I've started using
the bulk edits feature in JIRA to transition resolved issues to closed
after a release. This reduces the list traffic for something that IMO
doesn't need a lot of oversight (I guess one could always post to the
list saying "I've closed X number of issues resolved in Commons Foo
release Y.Z" (and that'd be one email instead of X). Just a suggestion
:-)

-Rahul

Re: [ALL] Bulk closing issues on release [was: Release math 2.0 (take two)]

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 09/08/2009, Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jörg Schaible wrote:
>
> > Henri Yandell wrote:
> >

> > > On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 8:31 AM, Rahul
> Akolkar<ra...@gmail.com>

> of

> > > I close my tickets immediately and bulk close whenever I notice there
> > > are a bunch of issues in resolved. Resolved has never had any meaning
> > > on oss projects for me; whereas in dayjobs it's often meant fixed but
> > > not agreed to by QA.
> > >

> > I normally use it for "fixed, but not yet released" ;-)
> >

>  +1 - I think it is good to have resolved -> closed happen when fix-version
> is released.

+1

I think it's useful to have:

Resolved = fixed in SVN
Closed = released.

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 8:31 AM, Rahul Akolkar<ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 5:09 AM, <lu...@free.fr> wrote:
>>
>> ----- "Jörg Schaible" <jo...@gmx.de> a écrit :
>>
>>> Hi Phil,
>>>
>>> why are there still 20 issues in JIRA marked as resolved instead of
>>> closed
>>> now?
>>
>> I forgot to close them, sorry.
>> I'll do it in a few minutes.
>>
> <snip/>
>
> FWIW, for the past couple of releases I've RM'ed, I've started using
> the bulk edits feature in JIRA to transition resolved issues to closed
> after a release. This reduces the list traffic for something that IMO
> doesn't need a lot of oversight (I guess one could always post to the
> list saying "I've closed X number of issues resolved in Commons Foo
> release Y.Z" (and that'd be one email instead of X). Just a suggestion
> :-)

I close my tickets immediately and bulk close whenever I notice there
are a bunch of issues in resolved. Resolved has never had any meaning
on oss projects for me; whereas in dayjobs it's often meant fixed but
not agreed to by QA.

Hen