Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Jean-Marc Borer <jm...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/10 07:08:41 UTC

XML font and color bugs

Hello guys,

Before I file a bug I wanted to make sure I am not the only one.
With the Darcula look and feel, the XML "pi-content" or "xml-pi-target" use
a not so nice color, So I went to Options -> Fonts&Color, select XML
langugages and changed the color. The new color appeared in all editors. I
closed Netbeans and when I reopened it, my color setting was lost and the
original one (blue) was there again.
The color settings work for all other types like "comments". I also tried
with a new color profile, with a fresh install: same behavior. This "bug"
was already in Netbeans 10.0.

Has anyone of you noticed the same error?

Cheers,

JMB

[image: image.png]
[image: image.png]

Re: XML font and color bugs

Posted by Jean-Marc Borer <jm...@gmail.com>.
Additional info: my custom value is actually stored in the file
.netbeans\11.0\config\Editors\text\xml\FontsColors\MyDarcula\org-netbeans-modules-editor-settings-CustomFontsColors-tokenColorings.xml
with content:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE fontscolors PUBLIC "-//NetBeans//DTD Editor Fonts and Colors
settings 1.1//EN" "http://www.netbeans.org/dtds/EditorFontsColors-1_1.dtd">
<fontscolors>
    <fontcolor default="whitespace" name="xml-ws"/>
    <fontcolor default="operator" foreColor="ff6a8759" name="xml-operator"/>
    <fontcolor default="entity-reference" name="xml-ref"/>
    <fontcolor default="default" foreColor="ffe8bf6a" name="xml-pi-start"/>
    <fontcolor default="default" foreColor="ff6a8759" name="xml-value"/>
    <fontcolor default="markup-element" name="xml-tag"/>
    <fontcolor default="default" foreColor="ffe8bf6a" name="xml-doctype"/>
    <fontcolor default="default" name="xml-text"/>
    <fontcolor default="default" name="xml-cdata-section"/>
    <fontcolor default="error" name="xml-error"/>
    <fontcolor default="default" foreColor="ff00007c" name="pi-content"/>
    <fontcolor default="default" foreColor="ffff00ff" name="xml-pi-target">
    </fontcolor>
    <fontcolor default="comment" name="xml-comment"/>
    <fontcolor default="default" foreColor="ffe8bf6a" name="pi-end"/>
    <fontcolor default="markup-attribute" foreColor="red"
name="xml-attribute"/>
    <fontcolor default="whitespace" name="xml-EOL"/>
    <fontcolor default="default" foreColor="ff00007c"
name="xml-pi-content"/>
</fontscolors>

It seems not to be properly re-read at startup.