Posted to user@beehive.apache.org by Timothy Brown <tb...@earthlink.net> on 2005/01/11 17:54:21 UTC

Session object access

I am trying to get access params in the session object from my jsp.  I set
the authenticated_user param in my controller and want to display on my jsp.

Controller <code-snippet>

    public Forward processLogin( LoginForm form )

    {

        if ( security.authenticate( form.getUsername(), form.getPassword() )
)

        {

            HttpServletRequest request = getRequest();

            session.setAttribute( "authenticated_user", form.getUsername()
);

            return new Forward( "authenticated" );

        }

            return new Forward( "not_authenticated" );

    }

I have tried session.getAttribute("authenticated_user") and

<netui:label value="${session.authenticated_user}" />

I know I am missing something, but what.

Thanks,

Tim

Re: Session object access

Posted by Eddie O'Neil <ek...@bea.com>.
Tim--

   In JSP 2.0 EL, you can bind to the session using an implicit object
named "sessionScope", so the binding expression would be:

   ${sessionScope.authenticated_user}

and in the label:

   <netui:label value="${sessionScope.authenticated_user}"/>

   Hope that helps.

Eddie