Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by sk101 <la...@devnullmail.com> on 2012/08/03 23:48:10 UTC

Problems starting HBase

Hi guys, I've been trying to setup HBase for OpenTSDB for a few days now and
am completely stuck. I've gotten .92 running on a virtual machine but I am
completely unable to deploy it to a real machine.

Firstly, I've been following this guide:
http://opentsdb.net/setup-hbase.html

Here's what I've tried:
1) 0.92, which gives me a null error as discussed in this git issue:
https://github.com/stumbleupon/opentsdb.net/pull/5
2) Seeing this, I decided to try 0.94. This seems to solve the null issue
but now whenever I try to create a table in hbase shell it hangs.

Here's a log for situation #2:

https://gist.github.com/3251817

Thanks in advance!

Re: Problems starting HBase

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 10:48 PM, sk101 <la...@devnullmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys, I've been trying to setup HBase for OpenTSDB for a few days now and
> am completely stuck. I've gotten .92 running on a virtual machine but I am
> completely unable to deploy it to a real machine.
>
> Firstly, I've been following this guide:
> http://opentsdb.net/setup-hbase.html
>
> Here's what I've tried:
> 1) 0.92, which gives me a null error as discussed in this git issue:
> https://github.com/stumbleupon/opentsdb.net/pull/5

Seems like this issue is fixed in tip of 0.92 branch.  You could copy
the code pasted in the issue above.  You could also figure out if
issue w/ your hostname resolving to get rid of the null on resolve.

> 2) Seeing this, I decided to try 0.94. This seems to solve the null issue
> but now whenever I try to create a table in hbase shell it hangs.
>
> Here's a log for situation #2:
>
> https://gist.github.com/3251817

It looks like you have no regionservers running:

2012-08-03 14:31:21,023 INFO
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.ServerManager: Waiting for region
servers count to settle; currently checked in 0, slept for 0 ms,
expecting minimum of 1, maximum of 2147483647, timeout of 4500 ms,
interval of 1500 ms.
2012-08-03 14:32:26,724 INFO
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.ServerManager: Finished waiting for
region servers count to settle; checked in 0, slept for 65701 ms,
expecting minimum of 1, maximum of 2147483647, master is running.

St.Ack