Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by abo <ta...@weberhofer.at> on 2004/06/15 18:06:04 UTC

how to determine which browser is being used?

hey list,

I need to know which browser is being used, because I need to include
some additional css styles for ie.
I could get this form the http header, but how can I access the header
from tapestry?

public IAsset getStyle()
{
    if ( isExplorer() )
        return getAsset("ie");
}

could anyone help me with this?

thanks
andreas

Re: how to determine which browser is being used?

Posted by abo <ta...@weberhofer.at>.
Thank you, it works great!

yes, stylesheets are very nice, but unfortunately sometimes it's not
possible to have one solution for every browser :(
for example: if you want to position divs absolut on a scrolling page
(don't let them scroll..), it's easy to do this with css, as long, as
you don't use IE. there are some hacks, but they are not perfect (don't
work if you use XHTML and IE)

cheers,
andreas

Posted by Darren Foltinek <da...@frontrange.ca>.