Posted to p-dev@xerces.apache.org by John Utz <ut...@singingfish.com> on 2002/02/15 08:01:14 UTC

relationship of xerces-p CVS and 1.6 experimental and xerces-c CVS

hi;

(warning, john in once again noodling with xerces-p past his bedtime. he
should maybe stop doing that :-) )

xerces-p CVS seems to think that it's still 1.52 based

xerces-c CVS seems to be no longer in sync with xerces-p 1.6 experimental

cc -c -I. -IHandler -I/usr/local/include/xercesc -I/usr/local/include
-D_REENTRANT -O   -DVERSION=\"1.6.0_0\" -DXS_VERSION=\"1.6.0_0\" -DPIC
-fpic -I/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i386-freebsd/CORE  Xerces.C
Xerces.C: In function `void _wrap_IDOM_Node_supports(CV *)':
Xerces.C:20115: no matching function for call to `IDOM_Node::supports
(const XMLCh *&, const XMLCh *&) const'
Xerces.C: In function `void _wrap_DOM_Node_supports(CV *)':
Xerces.C:37036: no matching function for call to `DOM_Node::supports
(const DOMString &, const DOMString &) const'
gmake: *** [Xerces.o] Error 1

i am assuming that this error is telling me that the xerces-c headers no
longer contain the 'supports' function?

so, i should *not* be using the cvs version of xerces-c with xerces-p 1.6
experimental?

is there some way to automate the SWIG process? i am half kidding,
but....if the cvs version of xerces-p just invented itself by reading the
xerces-c headers that would be really cool.....but i obviously have no
idea how that would happen....

tnx!

johnu

Re: relationship of xerces-p CVS and 1.6 experimental and xerces-c CVS

Posted by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>.
"John Utz" <ut...@singingfish.com> writes:

> (warning, john in once again noodling with xerces-p past his
> bedtime. he should maybe stop doing that :-) )
>
> xerces-p CVS seems to think that it's still 1.52 based

That's because I didn't check my work in :-(

I'll fix that on Monday.

> xerces-c CVS seems to be no longer in sync with xerces-p 1.6 experimental

correct, I have made a release that keeps up with their new code.

jas.