Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by sahanashankar <sa...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/10 11:51:19 UTC

how to measure IO on HBase

Hello,

I have a HBase cluster of 1 Master node and 5 Region Servers deployed on
HDFS.

What is the best way to measure IO for the operations on cluster such as

1. Scan
2. Get
3. Put

I need to conduct the measurement in 2 scenarios. In the first scenario, a
have a simple table (size > 1GB), consisting of just one column family. The
second scenario will be slightly more complicated with the 'primary key'
being stored in the memstore or HFile in parts.

Re: how to measure IO on HBase

Posted by sahanashankar <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thank you very much!

I'll take a look.