Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/11 16:08:50 UTC

[GSoC] ldap plugin drop in ldapplugin branch

Hi,

Thanks to Ian for a great ldap plugin.

There is now a ldapplugin feature branch which contains his latest code. Folks can test that branch and provide review.

Once ready we will start a merge thread to put it in 4.3

-sebastien

Re: [GSoC] ldap plugin drop in ldapplugin branch

Posted by Ian Duffy <ia...@ianduffy.ie>.
> Thanks Ian for taking up the ldap challenge and delivering on it.

Its a pleasure, Thank you guys for making the opportunity possible :-D

> Over next couple of days I will try to play with it. I will request others
> to try this out and provide feedback.

Cool, it is in a working state from the testing I've done. The code
itself is still very much so a work in progress, it needs a bit of a
cleanup. Reviewing the codebase at this time might be inefficient
usage of your time as changes will be made to clean it up, I'm
completely open to feedback though!

Re: [GSoC] ldap plugin drop in ldapplugin branch

Posted by Abhinandan Prateek <cl...@aprateek.com>.
Thanks Ian for taking up the ldap challenge and delivering on it.

Over next couple of days I will try to play with it. I will request others
to try this out and provide feedback.

Best,
-abhi

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 03:34:26PM +0100, Ian Duffy wrote:
> For anybody wanting to test...
>
> Configuration is done at the global settings page, search there for
> "ldap" and you'll see all the common attributes between ldap servers.
>
> The defaults are set to work with OpenLDAP for active directory just
> change the userObject to user and usernameAttribute to samAccountName.
>
> SSL support has yet to be added.
>
> Multiple server support exists but I'm having a slight issue with the
> JNDI handling connections to the servers. If a server is down it won't
> remember this servers state, so each time a connection is made and the
> server is down a 1 second time out occurs before it moves to the next
> one. If anybody can provide suggestions on fixing that I'm all ears...
> From reading the docs I was under the belief that enabling
> connection_pooling within the context should of fixed it.

Great work Ian!

Posted by Ian Duffy <ia...@ianduffy.ie>.
For anybody wanting to test...